Adopt an Animal
Animal Adoptions are for a one year period. Individuals, families, school groups and civic organizations are all welcome to become family. Consider an Animal Adoption as a gift for any occasion. All contributions are tax deductible. Many employers offer matching gift programs for organizations such as ours - ask your company if you can apply for a matching contribution when you Adopt and Animal.
Occasionally, an animal may be moved to another zoo (we participate in a computerized data base shared by zoos nationwide to monitor genetic information) or taken off exhibit. If your animal is moved, you will be able to transfer your adoption to another animal.
By adopting an animal at the NEW Zoo, you will become a partner in providing the best possible care for all of the animals at the NEW Zoo. Besides the satisfaction of helping your selected animal, each Adoption Type has unique benefits.
- Official Certificate of Adoption
- Information about the animal you adopted
- 4x6 portrait of your animal
- Your name displayed on the Family Tree Recognition Board at the NEW Zoo
- An invitation to the annual Family Reunion at the Zoo
- A plush representing your animal.
- Your own special recognition plaque naming you as a proud parent.