Thank You N.E.W. Zoological Society
Dear Friends of the N.E.W. Zoological Society Inc.,
We are very thankful to report that we have supported our NEW Zoo in the following ways in 2011.
- Funding for the Construction of the new Education & Conservation Center
- Funding for the Construction of the new “Land of the Giants” tortoise exhibit
- Funding for a new Public Announcement System
- AZA membership for the NEW Zoo and the N.E.W. Zoological Society, Inc.
- Funding for Conservation Programs
- Funding for the Lorikeet Exhibit
- Co-Funding the Education Coordinator position and Education programs
- Sponsoring the annual Volunteer/Docent Appreciation Dinner
- Providing River Rock and 100% Recycled Plastic Cedar Style Benches
- Sponsoring the “Pave the Way” brick program
- Funding the ad in the Greater Green Bay Convention Visitor Guide
- Miscellaneous expenses at the zoo
The total amount the Society contributed to the NEW Zoo in 2011 is approximately $659,497.00
This total reflects the money contributed in 2011 to support our zoo but does not include monies raised in 2011.
We raised over $13,000.00 for the zoo’s educational needs by co-hosting the 12th annual “Feast with the Beasts” event held in August. The date for the 13th annual event is Monday, August 6th, 2012.
Our primary focus for 2012 is to continue raising funds for the Education and Conservation building. The beautiful building is up and we are currently furnishing the inside. Our goal is to complete this project in 2012. We are planning a late spring or early summer grand opening.
We count our blessings from our monetary and in-kind donors every day and we look forward to many more generous offerings to help us support our wonderful NEW Zoo.
We wish you and your families a Safe, Healthy, Prosperous, and Happy New Year!
Judy Krawczyk, President & the entire N.E.W. Zoological Society, Inc. board and Technical Advisory Committee